How to register with MinID app
To register as a MinID-user, you need the following:
- Norwegian ID-number or D-number (11 digits)
- Mobil number and e-mail address
- MinID Activation letter
If you are missing the MinID Activation letter, you can order it here. The MinID Activation letter is valid 1 month.
The MinID Activation codes are only sent to the address you have registered in the National Population Register. If you have both postal address and residential address, it will be sent to the postal address.
Normal delivery time for MinID Activation letter is 10 business days.
To register as MinID-user with app, follow these steps:
- Open MinID app
- Click on “Get started”
- Enter your national identity number. Click “Next”
- Scann activation code (QR) with camera
- Create your own password
- Enter your mobile number. Click “Next”
- Enter your e-mail address. Click “Next”
- You are now registered as MinID app user. Next time you log in with MinID, you can use your mobile to log in
The password must satisfy the following requirements:
- must be at least 8 characters long
- must contain letters and numbers
- characters that are distinctively Norwegian such as ÆØÅ are not permitted